This article was first run on Touchmark at Fairway Village’s December newsletter.
Enjoy these tips on creating a respite of order and hospitality.
There is a distinct connection between our state of order and our hospitality. Clutter can lead to feeling overwhelmed—and isolation. Restoring order in your home is not only a gift to yourself; it opens up a social world, as well.
There is a distinct connection between our state of order and our hospitality. http://ctt.ec/sdOZ8+
To create a respite of order and hospitality:
1. Reclaim public spaces first. These include the entry, family room, kitchen, dining room, living room, powder room, and any place guests will enter and enjoy with you.
2. Celebrate reclaimed territory. As soon as you take back the dining room from paper piles, for example, set out a runner and centerpiece or something lovely to claim the real estate and prevent creeping clutter in the future.
3. Throw a party. If you’re excited to dig out of clutter and experience the enjoyment of guests again, there are few motivators as strong as a date on the calendar with RSVPs rolling in to light a fire to make things happen!
Hospitality is making people feel welcome, comfortable, and loved. With an ordered home, you can become a haven for your family and others.
Hospitality is making people feel welcome, comfortable & loved. With an ordered home, you can be a haven for others. http://ctt.ec/z9nqe+
- Learn more about hiring Restoring Order to help in your home or business
- Check out our Organizing Books and DVDs for do-it-yourself help